After all the party for the Christmas and coming New Year, I will like to share a nourishing soup that is good for the body. My kids love it so much that they call it the Fruit Juice Soup because it is made using a snow pear, a red and a green apple and a carrot.
It is the Snow Pear Apple Kampong Chicken Soup – 雪梨苹果甘榜鸡汤. I first learnt how to make this when my hubby orered a pot of this soup from the Lei Gardens and we just fell in love with it. Although my version is not as flavourful as the one in the restuarant but it is still good enough to be a home cook dish.
This soup is natually sweet and is good for relieving the heatiness in the body and helps soothes the throat. It also nourishes the body and is extermely good for the children as it also nourishes the lungs. Because I used the kampong chicken, the fat is minimal therefore this soup is also very healthy. So now you understand why I say this is a good soup for after parties. 🙂
- 1 Kampong Chicken
- 1 Snow Pear
- 1 Red Apple (I used the Mutsu Fuji apples from NTUC)
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Carrot
- 6-10 Red Dates
- 3 Dried Figs
- 1tsp Bitter Almond
- 1tsp Sweet Almond
- 1.5L Water
Method (With Step-By-Step Photo)
- Boil a pot of water to blanch the kampong chicken.
- Peel, core and quarter the fruits.
- De-seed the red dates, and half the figs.
- Put all the prepared ingredients in the double boiler. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 hours. Serve hot.
There it is that easy. 🙂
Possibly Related Posts
- Japanese Red Apple & Loin Pork Soup
- Old Cucumber & Dried Scallop Soup (老黄瓜干貝汤)
- Sweet Corn & Burdock Soup
- Project With Damir: Kiss Cakes (with Step-By-Step photos)