Hmm….. looking a my own entries these days, it seems that I have been lazy. Blame it on the nice cooling weather then? Well actually I do have some things happening and am on a 2 days leave to do something for my boys’ Children’s Day Party.
Therefore this ultra easy recipe. And also thank god for giving me kids who are not very picky over their food. Celery being one of Clemens’ favourite vegetables and Damir as usual his carrots, this is one soup dish that they can both have as a meal with white steam rice.
We all know that celery can lower the blood pressure and is also a rich resource for folic acid, potassium, calcium, iron, sodium, iron, amino acids and magnesium.
- 1 Bag of Celery (approx. 300g)
- 1 Chicken Breast on Bone
- 1 Medium size Carrot
- 1 pc Ginger (approx 10g)
- 1.5L Water
Method (With Step-By-Step Photo)
- Blanched the Chicken Breast in a pot of boiling water. Remember to do it quickly just scalding the surface of the meat. You don’t want the chicken to loose its flavour.
- Start boiling the 1.5L of water. By the time, you finish preparing the rest of the ingredients, you will be all ready to cook the soup. The concept is like pre-heating the oven before you start baking.
- Flatten the piece of old ginger with the back of your knife. Ginger helps to dispel wind in the body, get rid of the poultry smell and raw smell of the celery.
- Peel and cut the carrots to pieces. Carrots add a subtle sweetness to the soup.
- Wash the celery, tear them to smaller pieces and remove the outer fiber at the same time.
- Add in chicken and ginger. Simmer for 30 minutes. You get chicken stock this way too.
- Follow by adding the carrots and celery; and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season with a little soy sauce. Serve hot.
You might think of this as a boring and an uninteresting recipe. But this is a really quick and easy meal if you have a pot of chicken stock on stand-by mode in the fridge. You will also be surprise at how refreshingly sweet this soup taste from all the natural goodness and definitely a seriously light soup for those seriously on a diet. You will not regret giving this a try.
P.S: I know it has been soupy recipe for the past few weeks but stay tune for more interesting stuff next week.